Insult Quote

No comments

He is one of those orators of whom it was well said.
Before they get up, the do not know what they are going to say;when they are speaking, they do not know what they are saying;and when they have sat down, they do not know what they have said
On Lord Charles Beresford


I remember when I was a child, being taken to the celebrated Barnum's Circus, which contained an exhibition of freaks and monstrosities, but the exhibit on the programme which I most desired to see was the one described as "The Boneless Wonder". My parents judged that the spectacle would be too demoralising and revolting for my youthful eye and I have waited fifty years, to see the The Boneless Wonder sitting on the Treasury Bench.
On Ramsay MacDonald


A curious mixture of geniality and venom
On Herbert Morrison


Mr Gladstone read Homer for fun, which I thought served him right
On Gladstone

The happy warrior of Squandermania
On Lloyd George


Unless the right honourable gentleman changes his policy and methods and moves without the slightest delay, he will be as great a curse to this country in peace as he was a squalid nuisance in time of war
On Aneurin Bevan


They are not fit to manage a whelk stall
On the Labour Party

There he stalks, that wuthering height
On John Reith


A sheep in sheep's clothing
On Clement Atlee

A modest man, who has much to be modest about
On Clement Atlee

An empty taxi arrived at 10 Downing Street, and when the door was opened, Atlee got out
On Clement Atlee


He delivers his speech with an expression of wounded guilt
On Stafford Cripps


There but for the grace of God, goes God
On Stafford Cripps


I wish Stanley Baldwin no ill, but it would have been much better if he had never lived
On Stanley Baldwin


The candle in that great turnip has gone out
On Stanley Baldwin


He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened
On Stanley Baldwin


Mr Chamberlain loves the working man, he loves to see him work
On Joseph Chamberlain


He always played the game, and he always lost it
On Austin Chamberlain


He looked at foreign affairs through the wrong end of a municipal drainpipe
On Neville Chamberlain


At the depths of that dusty soul there is nothing but abject surrender
On Neville Chamberlain


An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile hoping it will eat him last
On Neville Chamberlain


Lady Astor to Churchill "Winston, if you were my husband I would flavour your coffee with poison"
Churchill: "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it"

Bessie Braddock to Churchill "Winston, your drunk!"
Churchill: "Bessie, your ugly, and tomorrow morning I shall be sober"

The greatest cross I have to bear is the cross of Lorraine
On Charles de Gaulle


In defeat unbeatable, in victory unbearable
On General Montgomery

What could you hope to achieve except to be sunk in a bigger and more expensive ship this time
On Admiral Mountbatten


A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma
On Russia

it becomes still more difficult to reconcile Japanese action with prudence or even with sanity
On Japan

Cultured people are merely the glittering scum which floats upon the deep river of production
When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticise or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home.
I am never going to have anything more to do with politics or politicians. When this war is over I shall confine myself entirely to writing and painting
Winston Churchill 1915


No comments :

Post a Comment